Arts Conference '09 (workshops!!! Japan, Russia, Singapore, Austria, UK, Italy, Iran, USA)
"Performing Arts Training Today"
is inviting performers, teachers and students to the programme of practical workshops, performances, works-in-progress and presentations with performing arts experts from Russia, Singapore, Japan, Austria, UK, Italy, Iran and USA!
October 28-31, 2009
Retzhof Castle - Leitring/Leibnitz, Austria
- Japanese Noh and Suzuki techniques - Workshop and presentation by Izumi Ashizawa - actress, director, artistic director of Izumi Ashizawa Performance, Assistant Professor of Acting and Movement, University of Maryland (Japan).
- Performer's Physicality in the Methods of V.Meyerhold, M.Chekhov and K. Stanislavsky - Workshop with Sergei Ostrenko - theatre director and teacher (Russia).
- A Journey of Separation: Actor Training in Ireland - Presentation with Janice Kennedy - performing arts educator and teacher (UK).
- The Change We Should Be Making – creating a better future through the arts - Presentation with Adelina Ong - actor, performer, performing arts manager and educator (Singapore).
- Teaching Avant-Garde Piano Techniques and the New Expressive, Sonorous, Artistic, and Performance Elements they Introduce - Lecture-demonstration with elements of performance with Mira Kruja - musician, music scholar, performer and teacher (USA).
- In the cage - Work-in-progress - dance performance with Doris Hintsteiner - dancer, choreographer and teacher (Austria).
- AteliercuncheoN - Workshop and work demonstration with AteliercuncheoN (research theatre project for actors, dancers and musicians) - Andrea Benaglio (actor, Italy - Training of the actor – Theatre synthesis) and Fardin Mortazavi (musician, performer, Iran - Iranian percussion – Contemporary dance)
Registration of participants: http://www.iugte.com/projects/conf.reg.php
General information: http://www.iugte.com/projects/PerformingArts.php
Venue & accommodation: http://www.iugte.com/projects/leibnitz.php