Ginestrelle A.I.R. Artists in Residence 2010
Where: Arte Studio Ginestrelle, Regional Park of Mount Subasio, Assisi - Italy
When: Program for the period April to November 2010
- promote contemporary art in all its artistic forms,
- stimulate creativity through direct contact with nature and respect for the environment
- favour a moment of interchange of ideas on contemporary art
- set up of artistic workshops, exhibitions, and open-air art along the paths of Ginestrelle, in the Regional Park of Mount Subasio.
During the stay each artist will be able to develop his/her project-work in the various artistic fields:
- Visual arts (painting, drawing, photography, installation art, land art, sculpture, etc.)
- Literary arts (fiction, poetry, script writing)
- Performing arts (dancing, music, drama)
All creative work can be done both inside in a studio and in a common working hall and outside in 2 ex-barns re-adapted as laboratories, gardens and paths along the woods.
Duration of residencies: 1 week to 1 month
The program fee includes: accommodation and breakfast
In common, it offers:
- living room
- studio and working spaces
- internet access (Wi-Fi)
- exhibition space where the creations can be presented to the public.
All other expenses for transportation, meals, materials and equipment are not included.
A collective exhibition, of at least 2 artists, will be organized every two months.
A final collective exhibition of all the works will be organized at the end of the residency in the month of December.
All artists will have the possibility to show and promote their works in Assisi, Unesco Patrimony and in other places of Umbria.
Applications are open to artists of all levels from beginners to advanced.
Enrollments are open:
to apply state the period of your stay and send your CV, and an example of the work you would like to do to the following address:
Arte Studio Ginestrelle di Marina Merli
Santa Maria di Lignano, 11
06081 Assisi (Perugia) Italy
For further information contact Marina Merli